SMS believes that a sound Security Operations Management Policy is a key factor in its professional strength
which benefits all stakeholders i.e. the employees,
the clients and the Management. It should also simultaneously serve the interest of the community in
Main Ingredients The main ingredients of SMS Policy are as under:
- Effective SOMS. The Management of SMS shall establish and
implement a “Security Operations Management System” (SOMS) to manage the conduct of its
It shall set forth objectives and demonstrate its commitment for an effective SOMS
- Assessment, Avoidance and Minimisation of the Impact of Risks.
SMS will strive to assess, avoid and minimise the impact of potential risks and / or undesirable
- Respect for Laws. SMS will conduct its security operations consistent with relevant and applicable laws.
- Respect for Human Rights. SMS will conduct its security operations with respect for human rights of internal and external stakeholders as enshrined in the
-      1. ANSI/ASIS PSC.1-2012 Management System for Quality of Private Security Company Operations-Requirements with Guidance.
-      2. ISO18788:2015 Management system for private security operations -- Requirements with guidance for use .
-      3. Montreux Document on Pertinent International Legal Obligations and Good Practices.
-      4. International Code of Conduct for Private Security Service Providers (ICoC) (11/2010).
-      5. Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights; Implementing the United Nations “Protect, Respect and Remedy” Framework 2011.
- Reputation of the Organisation. The reputation of the company is considered a sacred asset built on the professionalism and ethical behaviour of persons
working on our behalf. This requires
all to understand their responsibilities in contributing towards achievement of objectives and protecting / enhancing the
reputation of the organisation.
- Core Values. All activities and functions related to our security operations reflect the core corporate, enterprise-wide value of commitment of our organization
and persons working on our behalf to conformance with its responsibility to respect legal obligations, human rights, and the highest levels of professionalism
in the delivery of our services.
Therefore, our business cycle, operational procedures, supplies chain management etc. are reflective of our commitment to our
- Policy Objectives. SMS undertakes to:
-      a. Provide professional security services woven around its core values, business ethics and respect for human rights.
-      b. Render safe, secure and dependable services protecting the life, reputation and property of our clients.
-      c. Strive to abide by the spirit of all applicable legal and contractual obligations, including voluntary undertakings to which SMS subscribes.
-      d. Keep human rights, risk and security factors at the foremost in all ‘operational’ decisions, supply chain management, procurement, and use and disposal
-      e. Continually review and improve services by regularly assessing performance and preparing ourselves for responding to any undesirable events impacting
stakeholders and operational efficiency.
-      f. Train security operations personnel in human rights, security, safety, incident response etc. to maintain and demonstrate high standards of
professionalism at all times.
-      g. Devise mechanisms for supervision of all operations to provide optimum service delivery, employee and client satisfaction.
-      h. Cooperate with other stakeholders in the security industry, including competitors to improve human rights, security operations and risk management.