1. Security and Management Services Private (Pvt) Ltd is a leading private security company in Pakistan and one of the pioneers of security industry in the country. It is one of a family of “associated companies” of ‘Pathfinder Group’ which is wholly owned by Mr Ikram Sehgal and his family, a leading entrepreneur and a well-known defence analyst in the country. (Details about Pathfinder Group are covered in paras 6-9).
Note: A definition of “associated companies” can be found in: companies ordinance 1984, Securities and exchange commission of Pakistan, page 2 (http://www.secp.gov.pk/corporatelaws/pdf/CompaniesOrdinance1984_02-10-13.pdf).
2. SMS was established in 1987 and is about to complete three decades of unblemished service as a security services provider. It has distinguished itself amongst the private security companies and now has an unmatchable reputation in the industry which gives it the luxury of focusing on blue-chip clients and diplomatic missions. It sets itself apart from others, by virtue of its own high standards, acquired through sheer perseverance and demonstrated through sustained performance of nearly three decades.
3. With about 6500 employees SECURITY AND MANAGEMENT SERVICES (PVT) LIMITED (SMS) has been providing security and guarding services to the American Embassy in Islamabad and the American Consulate Generals in Karachi, Peshawar and Lahore since 1987 in successive contracts. This is besides a number of banks, government and non-government organizations and a wide range of high end clients. SMS is also providing security to a number of United Nations Agencies in Pakistan since 2010.
4. SMS is the only security Company in Pakistan which has been graded by Pakistan Credit Rating Authority (PACRA). Copy of PACRA report of Nov 15 is attached.
5. SMS is one of the founding members of International Code of Conduct Association (ICOCA); currently it has ‘transitional’ membership.
6. SMS is currently training body-guards for China as part of an overall cooperation program with a number of Chinese state and private entrepreneurs.
To be recognized as one of the Leading Security Companies of the World, providing multidimensional integrated security services through development of a Common Operating Picture, Shared Awareness, Effective Prevention and Synchronized Response, and setting of a high premium on Human Rights and Welfare of its Employees.
Protect the life, property, assets of the clients and provide security with a human touch where feelings, emotions and understanding of the employees as well as the clients take precedence over all other considerations, ensuring the following:
Following core values shape the culture of SMS and influence its internal functioning:
While pursuing the above ‘Values’, SMS upholds the spirit enshrined in following documents: